The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by the PDPO.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected from you may be used by J.K.ARMY for, without limitation:
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us;
- enabling the provision of the Services to you;
- conducting identity verification;
- determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and services;
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services;
- order processing, billing and fulfilment;
- enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product;
- direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below);
- direct marketing of the products and services of the J.K.ARMY’s business partners (see section “Direct Marketing” below);
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them;
- customising J.K.ARMY’s website and its content to your particular preferences;
- provisioning of customer services;
- handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against J.K.ARMY;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- auditing purposes;
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
Types of Personal Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by J.K.ARMY may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, or user accounts;
- Your payment transaction details; and
- IP address, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security Of Personal Data
All personal data collected and held by J.K.ARMY will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for J.K.ARMY to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for J.K.ARMY to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- J.K.ARMY’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to J.K.ARMY including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to J.K.ARMY on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
We may share non-personal data such as anonymised data and aggregated data relating to without limitation sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance publicly and with our partners including without limitation with existing and potential business partners, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by J.K.ARMY is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside Hong Kong
If necessary, J.K.ARMY may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
Retention of Personal Data
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used as part of your account information, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
From time to time, J.K.ARMY may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and J.K.ARMY requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, social media, telephone or mail.
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviours, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by J.K.ARMY may be used by J.K.ARMY in direct marketing of the Services.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from J.K.ARMY, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website;
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviour, online movements and use of the Internet;
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable; and
- enable tighter security.
If you are under 18 years of age, please visit J.K.ARMY’s website with your parent’s guidance. Depending on your local laws, airsoft may not be legally sold to or operated by children under 18. Please check with your local laws before browsing our website and placing orders.
Data Access and Correction
Rm 0506, 21/F, Prosper Commercial Building
9 Yin Chong Street, Mong Kok
For the attention of: Personal Data Officer
J.K.ARMY reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.